Chargrilled eggplant, courgette and tomato saladReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 2 medium-sized eggplantaubergineXs, sliced in rounds
- 4 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, sliced diagonally
- 3 large tomatoes, sliced
- 400g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX in spring water, drained, rinsed
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds, toasted
- 4 mixed-grain bread rolls, to serve
1 Heat barbecue hotplate to high or set a large grill pan over a medium heat. Spray eggplant and courgette slices with oil. Cook (in batches) each side for 3 minutes or until tender.
2 Arrange chargrilled vegetables on a large serving plate with tomato slices. Top vegetables with chickpeas and scatter with parsley.
3 Toast cumin seeds in a small, dry non-stick frying pan set over a medium heat for 1–2 minutes or until seeds are fragrant.
4 To make dressing, whisk lemon juice, garlic, oil and cumin seeds in a small bowl. Drizzle dressing over salad.
5 Serve chargrilled vegetable salad with rolls.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free bread rolls.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 13g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information