Chargrilled eggplant, courgette and tomato salad
(at time of publication)
- 2 medium-sized eggplantaubergineXs, sliced in rounds
- 4 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, sliced diagonally
- 3 large tomatoes, sliced
- 400g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX in spring water, drained, rinsed
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds, toasted
- 4 mixed-grain bread rolls, to serve
1 Heat barbecue hotplate to high or set a large grill pan over a medium heat. Spray eggplant and courgette slices with oil. Cook (in batches) each side for 3 minutes or until tender.
2 Arrange chargrilled vegetables on a large serving plate with tomato slices. Top vegetables with chickpeas and scatter with parsley.
3 Toast cumin seeds in a small, dry non-stick frying pan set over a medium heat for 1–2 minutes or until seeds are fragrant.
4 To make dressing, whisk lemon juice, garlic, oil and cumin seeds in a small bowl. Drizzle dressing over salad.
5 Serve chargrilled vegetable salad with rolls.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free bread rolls.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 13g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us