Cauliflower, lentil and pumpkin fritters with minty salsaReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 1 cup canned lentils, rinsed, drained, roughly mashed
- ½ head cauliflower, roughly cut
- 1 medium leek, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups mashed, cooked pumpkin
- 150g feta
- 4 eggs, whisked
- ½ cup panko or whole-wheat breadcrumbs
- ½ cup roughly chopped fresh coriandercilantroX or parsley leaves
- spray oil
- 1 cup diced leftover cooked chicken or pork
- 1 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon vinegar or lemon juice
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- ¼ cup chopped mint leaves
- cracked black pepper, to taste
1 In a bowl roughly mash lentils with a fork. In a food processor pulse cauliflower in two batches until it resembles crumbs.
2 Gently fry leek in oil until softened. In a bowl, mix together lentils, cauliflower, pumpkin, feta, eggs, panko crumbs and coriander. Add leeks and stir to combine.
3 Spray a large pan with oil and heat over a medium-low heat. Scoop heaped spoonfuls of fritter mix into pan and cook until golden. Flip and cook other side. Repeat with remaining mixture to make 8 fritters.
4 To make salsa, combine all ingredients and serve with fritters.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free breadcrumbs and check vinegar (if using) is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 24g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information