Capsicum, rocket and mozzarella quesadillasReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- spray oil
- 400g bag Wattie’s Mexican style frozen vegetables
- 420g can kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 8 extra-light flour tortillas
- 4 cups rocketarugulaX, rinsed
- ¾ cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 4 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 4 tablespoons Old El Paso chunky salsa
1 Heat a non-stick frying pan with oil spray. Once hot add frozen vegetables and stir-fry until softened. Add kidney beans and stir until heated through.
2 Heat a flat frying pan and spray with oil. Heat 1 tortilla and top with vegetable mix, 1/2 cup rocket and a sprinkle of cheese then top with another tortilla. Press down on top using a plate. Once toasted flip over to toast other side.
3 Cut quesadillas in 4 pieces. Serve each with rocket, sour cream and salsa.
Make it gluten free: Use corn tortillas instead of flour tortillas. Check sour cream and salsa are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 13g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information