Broccoli and tuna pasta
- 1 x 185g can lemon pepper tuna
- ½ head broccoli
- 250g dried pasta
1 Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Carefully add pasta and a little bit of salt. Watch it doesn’t boil over. Turn the heat down a bit, but keep it boiling for 8-10 minutes.
2 While pasta is cooking, cut broccoli into bite-sized pieces. After pasta has been cooking for 8 minutes, place broccoli in the same pot and let it cook for 3 minutes.
3 Drain pasta and add tuna. Serve with a sprinkle of parmesan if you like.
Recipe supplied by Niamh (8) and Carter (5) Prendergast
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 4g
The water, the pasta and the pot are going to be hot when cooking. Steam will be coming out the top and the liquid may splash, so be extra-careful.
- Always use oven mitts when handling the pot.
- Don’t put your face near the pot to check on the progress.
- Don’t put your hand directly above the cooking pot.
- To drain and transfer pasta from pot to plate, use a pasta ladle (a big spoon with holes).
- Better yet, ask an adult for help.
Tips by Yvonne Walus
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us