Beetroot, chickpea, feta and lamb salad with tamarind dressing
- 250g cooked, packaged beetrootbeetsX (we used LeaderBrand), cut in quarters
- ½ 400g can no-added-salt chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained and rinsed
- 1 carrot, peeled in ribbons
- 2 cups rocketarugulaX leaves
- 2 radishes, finely sliced
- 60g crumbled feta
- spray oil
- 250g lamb leg steaks
- fresh mint and coriandercilantroX, to garnish (optional)
- ¼ cup lemon or lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tamarind paste
- 1 teaspoon date syrup
1 In a bowl, place beetroot, chickpeas, carrot, rocket, radish and lentils and mix well.
2 In another bowl, combine dressing ingredients and add to vege mixture, gently stirring.
3 Spray a pan with oil and set over a high heat. Add lamb steaks and cook, turning, for 2-3 minutes each side for medium rare. Remove from pan, rest for 5 minutes, then slice.
4 Serve salad topped with lamb, feta and herbs.
Make it gluten free: Check tamarind paste is gluten free.
Make it vegan: Replace feta with Angelfood feta alternative or Savour Casheta Cashew Cheese. Use Fry’s Chargrilled Beefstyle Strips instead of lamb steaks and cook according to packet instructions.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 23g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 12g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us