Beef with artichoke and pea salsa
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- Artichoke and pea salsa
- 100g fresh or frozen peas
- 280g artichokes in brine, drained, roughly chopped
- 1/4 red onion, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons capers, drained, rinsed
- 250g cherry tomatoes, diced
- 2 anchovy fillets, drained, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 x 150g sirloin steaks
- olive oil spray
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 lemon, cut in 4 wedges
Total fat 15g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 3g
1 To make salsa, cook frozen peas following packet directions or blanch fresh peas in a saucepan of boiling water. Cool peas in iced water. Drain and place in a bowl. Add artichokes, onion, capers, tomatoes, anchovies and parsley. Combine well. Season to taste with pepper. Set aside.
2 Preheat barbecue. Lightly spray steaks with oil and press in rosemary with your hands. Cook steaks on barbecue for 4-5 minutes on each side.Turn with tongs.
3 Remove from barbecue and place on a warm plate. Lightly cover with foil and a clean tea towel. Rest for 5 minutes. Serve steaks with salsa and lemon wedges.
Serve as part of this three-course meal for four, cooked entirely on the barbecue!
Entrée: Prawn and scallop skewers
Main: Beef with artichoke and pea salsa
Vege side dishes: Barbecued asparagus and eggplant and Cumin potatoes with dill sour cream
Dessert: Warm fruit parcels with lemon sorbet
If you prefer, serve steaks sliced thickly.