Beef noodle soup
(at time of publication)
- 40g rice noodles
- 125g lean steak
- 2 teaspoons oil or oil spray
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemongrass paste
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, ribboned or sliced using a vegetable peeler
- 1 courgette, ribboned or sliced using a vegetable peeler
- 2 mushrooms, sliced
- ½ teaspoon salt-reduced beef stock granules mixed with 2 cups water
1 Place the noodles in a bowl and pour over boiling water. Leave to stand for 4 minutes. Heat a pan until hot. Add steak and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or to your liking. Set to one side. Drain noodles.
2 Heat a non-stick pan with oil and cook shallot for a few minutes until softened. Add paste and cook for a few minutes more. Add veges, mushrooms and stock. Heat through.
3 Slice beef thinly and add to soup with noodles. Heat through before serving.
A vegetable or julienne peeler is quick, easy to use and makes veges look very tempting.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 19g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us