Beef kebabs with vegetable noodle salad
(at time of publication)
- 16 wooden skewers, soaked in cold water for 15-20 minutes
- 500g lean rump steak, cut across the grain in thin strips
- 3 tablespoons plum sauce marinade
- Noodle salad
- 450g packet Hokkien noodles
- 1 red capsicum, cut in short, thin strips
- 100g snowpeas or green beans, cut in thin strips
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, cut in thin strips
- 1 bunch fresh coriandercilantroX
- 1 tablespoon salt-reduced soy sauce
- ¼ cup fat-free French dressing
1 Thread beef strips on skewers. Place skewers in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Pour over plum sauce marinade to coat. Marinate for 1 hour.
2 Preheat barbecue chargrill or frying pan over a medium-high heat. Meanwhile, make noodle salad. Place noodles in a large heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 5 minutes. Drain well, set aside to cool slightly then separate noodles. Add capsicum, snowpeas, cucumber and coriander. Toss to combine.
3 Whisk soy sauce and dressing together. Add to salad and toss to combine.
4 Cook beef skewers for 2-3 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Serve with noodle salad and your choice of a 'fill-up' vege side (see tips).
These 'fill-up' vegie side dishes add minimal extra kilojoules – so enjoy often!
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 3g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us