Beef kebabs with minty beetroot dipReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 8 small wooden skewers, pre-soaked
- 2 large (70g) wholemeal pita bread, cut in triangles
- 400g lean beef, cubed
- 5 teaspoons Gourmet Garden Mediterranean Paste Dip
- 250g cooked beetrootbeetsX, grated
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 1 cup reduced-fat Greek yoghurt or low-fat plain yoghurt
- ½ cup fresh mint
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Place pita on a tray. Spray with oil. Bake for 5-10 minutes until crispy.
2 Meanwhile, prepare kebabs. Thread beef onto skewers. Spray with oil. Brush with 4 spoonfuls of paste. Mix all dip ingredients together with remaining paste. Season to taste.
3 Cook kebabs on BBQ or under a grill, turning once. Serve with dip, pita crisps and salad greens.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pita bread and check yoghurt is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 14g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information