(at time of publication)
- 400g lean rump steak
- 1 lime or lemon, juice
- 1 large clove garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- oil, to grease
- 1 tablespoon canola or rice bran oil
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 medium red capsicum, deseeded, sliced
- 1 medium yellow capsicum, deseeded, sliced
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- To serve
- 8 x 20cm extra-light flour tortillas
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- ½ iceberg lettuce, shredded
- about 4 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- hot chilli sauce (optional)
- Trim any visible fat from steak then place in a sturdy, sealable plastic bag. Add lime juice, garlic, cumin, paprika and oregano. Massage bag so meat is covered in the marinade then leave to stand for 15-20 minutes (refrigerate if marinating for longer).
- Heat a large heavy frying pan over a medium-high heat. Drizzle a little oil then fry steak for 2 minutes each side. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add measured oil to pan then add onion and cook, stirring frequently until onion softens. Add capsicums. Stir-fry until softened.
- Cut steak crossways in 5mm-thin slices. Add to pan (along with any juices) and stir-fry for 1-2 more minutes. Season to taste. Transfer mixture to a serving dish. Sprinkle with coriander.
- Serve with warmed tortillas, carrot and lettuce on the side with a little sour cream and some hot sauce (if using).
If capsicums are too expensive, try using a frozen stir-fry vege mix instead.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us