Beef curry with avocadoReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 1 ½ tablespoons Thai yellow curry paste*
- 250g diced beef
- 230g pumpkin, peeled, roughly chopped
- 1 courgette, roughly chopped
- 1 eggplantaubergineX, roughly chopped
- 1 lime, juice
- 2 teaspoons brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 1 avocado, cut in quarters
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriandercilantroX, roughly chopped
- *NOTE: Ingredients with an asterisk (*) indicate that although this ingredient is usually gluten-free, it's wise to check the label to be sure as product ingredients can vary and formulations can change.
1 Place curry paste and 2 tablespoons water in a medium-sized saucepan. Place over a medium-high heat and cook for 1 minute until bubbling. Add beef and cook for 2 minutes until brown. Add pumpkin, courgette and eggplant. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add 2 cups water. Stir to combine and bring to the boil. Cook for 10-12 minutes until pumpkin is soft.
2 When curry is cooked, stir through lime juice and sugar.
3 Place 1/4 avocado on each plate, spoon over curry and sprinkle with coriander. Serve with steamed rice and green beans.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information