Beef and tortilla cheesy bake with slaw
Time to make: 30 mins , excludes making base mixes
( Hands-on time: 15 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 portion Beef stir-fry mix (see tip)
- 1 portion Tomato, capsicum and mushroom sauce mix (see tip)
- 2 teaspoons chilli powder
- 400g can no-added-salt red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 wholegrain tortillas, broken in triangles
- 1/4 cup grated reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- oil spray
- fresh coriandercilantroX, to garnish
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- finely chopped red chilli, to garnish
- 4-6 tablespoons low-fat plain yoghurt
- To serve
- 4 cups spinach
- 1 portion Coleslaw mix (see tip)
- 6 tablespoons Dressing (see tip)
Total fat 20g
Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 10g
1 Heat a non-stick pan until hot. Add beef mix portion and stir-fry until evenly browned. Add tomato sauce portion with chilli powder and beans. Heat through.
2 Meanwhile, cut tortillas in triangles. Preheat oven to 180ºC. Place beef in a large ovenproof dish and arrange tortillas on top.
3 Sprinkle with cheese and spray with oil. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
4 Serve bake garnished with coriander, spring onions and chilli. Add a spoonful of yoghurt. Serve alongside spinach and coleslaw portion tossed with dressing.
This recipe is part of our Cook once, meals for a week feature… all it takes is one Sunday afternoon cooking session to have dinner sorted for the week ahead!
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)