Barbecued prawn skewers with corn and mango chilli salsaReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 24 (about 500g) frozen peeled prawns, tails on, thawed
- 8 small bamboo skewers, soaked in cold water
- 4 corn sweetcornXcobs, husks and silks removed, if preferred
- 1 medium mango, peeled, diced
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled, diced
- juice and zest of 1 lime, plus extra lime halves, to serve
- ½-1 teaspoon chilli paste or chilli flakes
- 6 cups mixed salad leaves, to serve
- ¼ cup vinaigrette, made with 2 parts balsamic vinegar to 1 part olive oil
1 Heat a barbecue hotplate to a medium-high heat. Thread prawns onto skewers, three at a time, making 8 skewers in total.
2 Barbecue the corn cobs for 15-20 minutes, or until slightly charred and cooked through.
3 Meanwhile, make mango-chilli salsa. Combine mango, avocado, lime and chilli in a small bowl, toss gently and set aside.
4 Spray barbecue hotplate with olive oil and cook prawn skewers, turning, for 2–3 minutes or until pink and cooked through.
5 Serve the prawn skewers with charred corn, mango-chilli salsa, mixed salad leaves, vinaigrette and the extra lime wedges.
Make it gluten free: Check chilli paste is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 17g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information