Barbecued haloumi and vegetable kebabs
(at time of publication)
- 8 skewers
- 16 button mushrooms
- 100g haloumi cheese, cubed
- 2 capsicums, deseeded, chopped into 8 chunks
- 2 small courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, cut in 2cm rounds
- 2 tablespoons lemon avocado oil (we used Olivado)
- 1 ½ cups couscous
- 4 tablespoons low-fat plain yoghurt
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- ¼ cup fresh mint, washed, finely chopped
1 Heat barbecue. Thread mushrooms, haloumi, capsicums and courgettes onto 8 skewers, alternating as you thread. Drizzle with lemon avocado oil and place on barbecue for 5-10 minutes until browned.
2 Prepare couscous following packet directions. Use fork to fluff up.
3 Serve kebabs with couscous and drizzle with yoghurt mixed with lemon zest, lemon juice and mint.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 1g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us