Barbecued beef and orange salad
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 orange, zest and juice
- 500g beef schnitzel, sliced in strips
- 4 cups mixed salad leaves
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 red onion, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
Total fat 15g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 2g
1 In a medium-sized bowl combine tomato sauce, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, orange zest and beef. Mix well to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside to marinate for 15-20 minutes.
2 In another bowl, toss salad leaves, tomatoes and onion.
3 Heat barbecue. Add sesame oil and beef. Cook for 4-5 minutes, slowing adding a quarter of the marinade as beef cooks. When sticky, add beef to salad, drizzle with orange juice then serve.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free varieties of tomato sauce and Worcestershire sauce.