Baked silver beet cheese rollsReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 400g skinless chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 tablespoon Italian herb seasoning
- 8 medium silver beet leaves, stems removed
- 400g cottage cheese
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, plus extra to garnish
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, grated (moisture removed by squeezing in a clean tea towel)
- 8 tomatoes
- 1 cup skim milk
- black pepper
- 1 cup instant polenta
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- Preheat oven grill to high. Line 2 baking dishes with baking paper. Place chicken in 1 dish and sprinkle with Italian herb seasoning. Place under grill for 15 minutes or until cooked through. Remove and set aside. Switch oven to 180°C fan bake.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to the boil over a high heat. Reduce heat to simmer. Blanch silver beet in simmering water for 20 seconds, remove, refresh in cold water and pat dry.
- Shred chicken. In a bowl, combine chicken with cottage cheese, 1/2 cup of the parmesan, parsley, zest and courgettes.
- Lay silver beet leaves out on a clean bench. Divide chicken mix between leaves. Tucking in the ends, carefully roll silver beet snugly around filling to create a fat cigar shape. Place on prepared baking dish. Sprinkle rolls with 1 tablespoon water and remaining parmesan, reserving 1 tablespoon for the polenta. Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until cheese is golden.
- Ten minutes into cooking time, place tomatoes on the chicken baking tray and place in oven to roast.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, bring milk and 2 cups of water to the boil over a medium-high heat. Add pepper. Reduce heat to medium and whisk in a stream of polenta until it thickens to a wet porridge consistency. Add sour cream and remaining parmesan and stir.
- To serve, divide silver beet rolls and roasted tomatoes among 4 plates, with polenta on the side. Garnish with fresh parsley.
Make it gluten free: Check sour cream and seasoning are gluten free.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 14g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information