Baked kumara with white beans and olives
(at time of publication)
- 4 kumarasweet-potatoX (200g each), scrubbed
- 2 x 400g cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 2 small tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped raw almonds
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- black pepper
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice4 cups mixed salad leaves, to serve
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
1 Preheat oven to 180ºC. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place kumara on prepared tray and prick with a fork. Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until tender when pierced with a skewer.
2 Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine beans, sliced olives, tomatoes, herbs, almonds and sunflower seeds. Season with pepper.
3 Cut a slit down the middle of each kumara. Gently separate sides and use a fork to mash flesh. Spoon ¼ of the filling into each kumara. Return kumara to oven and bake for 5-10 minutes more.
4 Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine tahini, 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice and 2-3 teaspoons of warm water until smooth. Drizzle kumara with tahini dressing. Serve with mixed salad leaves dressed with remaining lemon juice and the olive oil.
Make it gluten free: Check tahini is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 15g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information