Baked green eggs with bread salad
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 bunches asparagus, cut into 2cm pieces
- 120g baby spinach
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 8 eggs
- 400g mixed cherry tomatoes, halved
- 100g piece sourdough bread, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup small basil leaves
- cracked black pepper, to taste
Total fat 18g
Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 5g
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Cook the asparagus and spinach in a medium saucepan of boiling water for 2 minutes, or until just tender. Drain well. Divide the vegetables into 4 x 1 1/2-cup shallow ovenproof dishes.
2 Combine cream and pesto in a small bowl. Pour pesto mixture over vegetables. Make 2 small indents in each dish of vegetable mixture. Crack 1 egg into each indent. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the egg whites are set.
3 Meanwhile, combine the cherry tomatoes, bread, onion, vinegar and half of the basil in a medium salad bowl. Season with cracked black pepper and toss gently to combine. Serve eggs with salad and garnish with remaining basil.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free bread and check pesto is gluten free.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us