Baked eggplant with cranberry and mint
(at time of publication)
- 4 small or 2 large eggplantaubergineXs, halved lengthways
- spray olive oil
- 2 cups hummus
- ¼ cup lemon juice, plus lemon wedges to serve
- 4 cups watercress or rocketarugulaX
- 1 fennel bulb, very thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus drizzle to serve
- 2 tablespoons chopped dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint, plus extra mint leaves to serve
1 Preheat oven to 210°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Score eggplant flesh in a criss-cross pattern, being careful not to pierce skin. Place eggplant, cut-side down, on the tray and spray lightly with oil. Bake for 25 minutes, turning halfway, or until golden and tender.
2 Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine hummus and half of the lemon juice.
3 In another bowl, combine watercress, fennel, remaining lemon juice and oil. Toss gently.
4 Drizzle eggplant with oil. Top with hummus, scatter with cranberries, pine nuts, chopped mint and mint leaves. Serve with watercress salad and lemon wedges on the side.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 25g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 16g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us