Baked eggplant with cranberry and mint
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 4 small or 2 large eggplantaubergineXs, halved lengthways
- spray olive oil
- 2 cups hummus
- ¼ cup lemon juice, plus lemon wedges to serve
- 4 cups watercress or rocketarugulaX
- 1 fennel bulb, very thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus drizzle to serve
- 2 tablespoons chopped dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint, plus extra mint leaves to serve
Total fat 25g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 16g
1 Preheat oven to 210°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Score eggplant flesh in a criss-cross pattern, being careful not to pierce skin. Place eggplant, cut-side down, on the tray and spray lightly with oil. Bake for 25 minutes, turning halfway, or until golden and tender.
2 Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine hummus and half of the lemon juice.
3 In another bowl, combine watercress, fennel, remaining lemon juice and oil. Toss gently.
4 Drizzle eggplant with oil. Top with hummus, scatter with cranberries, pine nuts, chopped mint and mint leaves. Serve with watercress salad and lemon wedges on the side.