Asparagus, bulgar and dried cherry salad with spiced dressing
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 cup bulgar (cracked wheat)
- 3 bunches (750g) asparagus, trimmed, cut in 3cm lengths
- 2 1/2 cups green beans, trimmed, cut in 3cm lengths
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 100g baby spinach
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds, lightly toasted
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Total fat 5g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 8g
1 Place bulgar in a large heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water and soak for 5 minutes. Drain well, pressing excess water out with the back of a spoon. Transfer bulgar to a large bowl.
2 Steam or boil asparagus and beans for 2 minutes or until just tender. Drain and refresh under cold running water then drain again.
3 Add the vegetables, chives, spinach, cherries and sunflower seeds to the bowl with the bulgar. Whisk orange juice, white balsamic, garam masala and olive oil in a small jug. Pour dressing over salad, toss gently to combine and serve.
- Make it gluten free: Use quinoa instead of bulgar and check garam masala is gluten free.
- Can’t find dried cherries? You can use dried cranberries or blueberries instead.