Asian-style warm mushroom salad
(at time of publication)
- 3 cups thinly sliced mushrooms of your choice (a mix of field and button is good)
- vegetable oil spray
- 200g soba noodles
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar (optional)
- 1 teaspoon crushed fresh ginger
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- ½ cup coriandercilantroX leaves
1 Place a non-stick frying pan over medium heat and spray with oil. Cook the mushrooms for 2 minutes, until soft. Set aside and keep warm.
2 Cook the noodles for 4 minutes in a saucepan of boiling water. Drain, return to the saucepan and immediately toss through the sesame oil.
3 Put the soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce, rice vinegar and ginger in a small jug and whisk to combine.
4 Place the mushrooms in a large bowl. Add the spring onions, capsicum, soba noodles and dressing. Toss gently until well combined.
5 Sprinkle with the coriander leaves and serve warm as a side dish or a light meal.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us