Aromatic vege curry with Beef Free Chunks
- oil spray
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 5cm piece ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 2 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, thinly sliced
- 200g pack vegetarian beef alternative chunks
- 2 teaspoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 5 cups roughly chopped spinach leaves
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced, plus extra, to garnish (optional)
- 2 x 250g packs microwaveable brown rice
- fresh coriandercilantroX leaves, to garnish
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, thinly sliced, to garnish (optional)
- Spray a pan with oil and set over a medium heat. Add spring onions, garlic and ginger and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes. Add curry powder and stir
- Add broccoli and courgettes and cook, stirring, for 4-5 minutes. Add beef alternative chunks, soy sauce and 1 cup water. Bring to a simmer and cook gently for 3-4 minutes, letting liquid reduce slightly. Add spinach and chilli.
- Prepare rice according to packet instructions. Divide rice and curry between 4 serving bowls. Garnish with coriander, kaffir lime leaves and extra chilli, if desired.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free soy sauce and check curry powder is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 11g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us