A challenge for you: Try something new
It’s easy to get bogged down by endless commitments and to-do lists. By trying something new, setting a goal or planning an adventure, we create much needed mental space to be able to cope with the stressors and pressures we’re exposed to daily.
The bonus is that by trying something new, you might find something fun that helps you get fitter, meet new people or boost your mood and confidence!
Make it happen
Here are a few suggestions of things you might like to try!
- Join a sports team
- Volunteer to plant native trees and help restore our forests/waterways
- Sign up for a first aid course
- Give photography or painting a whirl
- Enrol in a cooking class
- Plan to hike up a nearby mountain
- Try a few yoga classes
- Learn to play an instrument
- Take an evening pottery course
- Organise weekend walks with your neighbours or friends
- Try meditation
- Coach a kid
- Become a marine mammal medic with Project Jonah
- Get involved with a community project
- Make it your mission to find a new beach each weekend this month.
The options are endless!